About Moshe Rogosnitzky
Real-world Drug Repurposing
Real-world drug repurposing – the immediate “off-label” prescribing of drugs to address urgent clinical needs – is a widely overlooked opportunity, which I am determined to address, so that access to repurposed drugs becomes mainstream. I am one of numerous expert physicians, scientists, government agency officials, and nonprofit leaders around the world who believe that solutions to chronic and life-endangering medical problems lie in the rediscovery and repurposing of widely used, low-cost, and clinically proven safe medicines. Real-world drug repurposing is the only sustainable option to prevent and treat current and future health crises such as the COVID-19 epidemic.
Optimal real-world drug repurposing requires treatment possibilities with a solid track record of safety, affordability, and access.
Fortunately, many thousands of such drugs are already available, however, there is no central repository of off-label drug repurposing information that enables immediate intervention in times of public and personal health crises. My work is focused on changing this and ensuring that life-saving information is freely accessible to all, in real-time.
As a research scientist, I have had the honor of working on highly rewarding collaborations with researchers at leading academic institutions including:
- Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, Maryland)
- Hershey Medical Center, Penn State University (Hershey, Pennsylvania)
- University Hospital of Lille (Lille, France)
- Hadassah University Hospital (Jerusalem, Israel)
- St. George’s University Hospital (London, U.K.)
- University of Southern California (San Diego, California)
- University of Toronto (Toronto, Ontario)
- Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, Texas)
- Ariel University (Ariel, Israel)
- All India Institute of Medical Science (Delhi, India)
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (Chandigarh, India)
An innovator in drug repurposing, I am a named inventor on numerous patents in many therapeutic fields including:
- Prostate cancer
- Crohn’s disease
- Dry eye disease
- Viral conjunctivitis
- Viral infections
- Androgenic alopecia
- Erectile dysfunction
- Pain disorders
- Medical-information systems.
Consulting & Public Speaking
I have had the honor of collaborating with, consulting with and speaking as a guest at conferences organized by a number of organizations, including:
- Many Personalized Oncology Expert Panels regarding multiple cancer types (including pancreatic, lung, esophageal, metastatic melanoma, glioblastoma, and sarcoma).
- Pharmaceutical conferences in North America and Asia, as well as guest lecturing for the Israeli Government Ministry of Health
- As the Founder and Director of multiple drug repurposing start-ups, I have presented my unique approach to drug repurposing to audiences at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, and Charite Health Innovation Summit in Berlin.
Philanthropist & Teacher
- Since 1999, I have led the preparation of personalized treatment plans for cancer patients that have focused on real-world drug repurposing interfaced with cutting-edge diagnostics to achieve high-impact treatment strategies.
- I believe that patients should have the knowledge to make informed decisions about their health. I oversee the synthesis of published medical research into comprehensive, consumer-friendly summaries through my work as Co-Founder and Research Director of the non-profit MedInsight Research Institute.
- At MedInsight, I also created LDNscience.org – the largest physician and patient public information site for Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) – a treatment that I helped take from obscurity to wide-spread use by more than 500,000 patients worldwide, in more than 60 diseases.